Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Allora (or fake it till you make it)

Yesterday ended on a much better note than it started!

Dany called to check on me, and I described my crazy morning/afternoon. He told me about his coworker, who is definitely having a much harder time right now and I realized if transportation problems were all that happened to me, I didn't have it so bad. He also fixed a few problems including calling my land lord Francesco because my room felt arctic. We ate dinner together at Mcdonald's. I wasn't too thrilled but it was late and Dany drove 45 minutes to get me so I kept my mouth shut (or tried.) We did eat shrimp though, which was pretty random.

This morning I found the place to buy bus tickets so I managed to get on the bus without any problems (yay!) I rode the bus to the train station, which is also a bus station, and also a mess of people who don't understand how to get where they want to be. Managed to crop out the chaos in this picture (you can see a bus on the far left.)


Class was difficult! I was put in a new (completely-lost-like-me) class. I really enjoyed it because I felt like I understood what was going on. At the break the instructor told me to go back to my original class. So I went back and struggled to understand the people who can actually carry on a conversation. I am too fast for the slow class and too slow for the fast class. Story of my life!

I spent a significant amount of time trying to randomly guess what the professor was saying. I did pick up a new word- allora. I have no idea what it means, but the professor says it a lot and at random times. I figure if I just replace all of my "uh..." and "um..." with allora I will definitely sound Italian. Or like an idiot.
---
P.S. Random picture of something that I constantly struggle with: door locks. If anyone ever wants to hide something from me, put it behind one of these bad boys.

1 comment:

Diane said...

So now we know where to hide your Christmas presents...Ahahaha!