Monday, November 15, 2010

Brussel Sprouts

This time next week I'll be back on a flight to America. : (  Time has definitely gone fast, but I hope to enjoy this week to the max. I'm not sure when I'll be able to return, but I will return!

Class has been going well. I still feel like it's a little fast, but I'm doing the best I can. This morning my head felt horrible and I was choking on something in my throat. (Side note: learned today I do not want to speak anything but English when I am not feeling great.) Actually attempted to leave in the beginning of class, had my folder closed and ready to shove in my bag, when the teacher misunderstood me and I couldn't leave without being completely awkward. I felt better after about an hour though, so I'm glad I stayed. I will continue to refuse to be sick while I am here.

After class, I walked around Corso Italia with two of my classmates. It was so nice to get a few things off my chest and not spend most of my day wandering solo. Of course I would start to make friends right before I leave.

Bought an interesting assortment of vegetables the other day. Sometimes I'm not completely sure what I'm buying, but I'm here for an adventure so it doesn't really matter. Really couldn't figure out what the green round balls were, so I googled "green round balls" and eventually figured out they were brussel sprouts. Absolutely awesome. I don't know who gave brussel sprouts a bad rap, but they really are good. They taste like peanuts and Christmas. I recommend you try them as soon as possible.




Interesting fact: In Italy, Ricola is candy, not cough drops. Benagol is used for miserableness. They work really well for about 10 minutes. 5 points for the braille on the package, the blind get sick too!

Would also like to note the "antisettico" claim. I'm not sure that's possible, but I will save a few to lick and smear on my hospital shoes, just in case.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Peanuts and Christmas...um...is that better than "baby angels"? Ahahaha!

LaurenDixon said...

peanuts and christmas has got to be one of your best metaphors, after the golden toothbrush!